Pioneer Elementary School
1937 Dover Road
Billings, MT 59105 Telephone (406)-373-5357
Mission Statement: Our mission is to serve the community and the school by creating a safe environment that fosters Respect, Trust, Accountability, and Responsibility while promoting life-long learning for all.
Special Meeting Minutes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . September 23, 2021
Presented for Approval . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . October 11, 2021
TIME: 4:30 p.m.
PLACE: Pioneer School, Main Building, via Zoom
MEMBERS Kari Jones, Chairperson
PRESENT: Luke Rome, Trustee
Colleen Unruh, Trustee
CLERK: Marilyn Michael
ADMIN: Melissa Schnitzmeier
STAFF: Jami Burns, Raelynn Melber, McKayla Montgomery, Taylor Eissinger, Alisa Rau, Meghan Cavanaugh and Shannon Wright
VISITORS: Several parents were in attendance
- CALL TO ORDER:
Trustee, Kari Jones called the meeting of the trustees of Pioneer Elementary School District #41 to order in via Zoom, Monday, September 23, 2021 at 4:30 pm. Trustee, Kari Jones welcomed all those attending. Trustee, Kari Jones read the Montana Law about public meetings.
- MINUTE APPROVAL: Tabled to October 11, 2021
- HEARING OF THE PUBLIC: None
- LEAD TEACHER REPORT: None
- OLD BUSINESS
- Policy 1905 – Masking – Several parents and staff members were in attendance. After hearing statements from all who wanted to be heard, no motions were made to change Policy 1905. Masking will remain optional. The board thanked all present for being respectful of each other’s opinions.
III. NEW BUSINESS
- Infinite Campus – Melissa explained that we are not required to screen students for dyslexia. She has checked into several programs and Infinite Campus is an extension of a program that we are already using. The cost is about the same among the programs available. Infinite Campus will cost $1460 this year and $860 each year after. Melissa felt this was the best program since we already use a version of Infinite Campus. Luke made a motion to approve the purchase of Infinite Campus. Colleen seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous; the motion carried.
- Canvass the Vote from bond election – Marilyn presented the official results of the bond election. The total votes in favor of the bond was 126, the votes opposed to the bond was 221. Total votes cast 347. Luke made a motion to accept the official results of the bond election. Colleen seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous; the motion carried. Marilyn will publish this in the next issue of the Yellowstone County News.
- TRUSTEES CONCERNS –
- Luke stated that he really appreciates working with this board, Melissa and Marilyn.
IV . ADJOURNMENT:
A motion was made by Luke Rome to adjourn the meeting. Kari Jones seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous; motion carried. The meeting ended at 5:15 pm. The next scheduled regular meeting is Monday, October 11, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. in the Room 106 of the main building.
Attest: __________________________ SIGNED: ____________________________
Kari Jones, Board Chairperson