Pioneer Elementary School
1937 Dover Road
Billings, MT 59105 Telephone (406)-373-5357
Mission Statement: Our mission is to serve the community and the school by creating a safe environment that fosters Respect, Trust, Accountability, and Responsibility while promoting life-long learning for all.
Special Meeting Minutes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . April 27, 2020
Presented for Approval . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . May 11, 2020
TIME: 4:30 p.m.
PLACE: Pioneer School, Via Zoom
MEMBERS Kari Jones, Chairperson
PRESENT: Luke Rome, Trustee
Colleen Shaw, Trustee
CLERK: Marilyn Michael
ADMIN: Melissa Schnitzmeier
- CALL TO ORDER:
Trustee, Kari Jones called the meeting of the trustees of Pioneer Elementary School District #41 to order Via Zoom, Monday, April 27, 2020 at 4:30 pm. Trustee, Kari Jones welcomed all those attending. Trustee, Kari Jones read the Montana Law about public meetings.
- MINUTE APPROVAL: Tabled to May 11, 2020 meeting.
- HEARING OF THE PUBLIC: None
- LEAD TEACHER REPORT: None
- OLD BUSINESS
III. NEW BUSINESS
- Declaration of an Emergency – Luke Rome made a motion that the board of trustees declare an unforeseen emergency within the meaning of the term as set forth in Title 20, Chapter 9, Part 8, to become immediately effective and to continue through June 30, 2020. This motion is based on COVID-19 risks; in recognition that the Governor’s waiver of student instruction time will expire on May 7; and in recognition that he Governor’s April 22, 2020 Directive implicating Executive Orders 2-2020 and 3-2020 specify that elected school boards and their districts that adopt their own declaration of emergency will continue to receive all state funding, including transportation funding. Colleen Shaw seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous; the motion carried.
- Policy Updates – Melissa presented policies that need to be adopted as per MTSBA.
- 1903 – COVID19 Emergency Measures – School district meetings, gatherings, events & visitors
- 1904 – COVID19 Emergency Measures – Use of transportation funds during periods of Emergency Declaration
- 1905 – COVID19 Emergency Measures – Student, Staff, & Community Health & Safety
- 1906 – COVID19 Emergency Measures – Student Instruction and Services
- 1907 – COVID19 Emergency Measures – School district declaration of Emergency
- 1908 – COVID19 Emergency Measures – Family Engagement
- 1909 – COVID19 Emergency Measures – Human Resources & Personnel
- 1910 – COVID19 Emergency Measures – Personnel Use of Leave
- 1911 – COVID19 Emergency Measures – School District Budget Adoption, Amendment & Audit
- 1912 – COVID19 Emergency Measures – School District Elections Rescheduled Due to Emergency
Colleen Shaw made a motion to adopt Policies 1903 through 1912. Kari Jones seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous; the motion carried.
- TRUSTEES CONCERNS –
IV . ADJOURNMENT:
A motion was made by Luke Rome to adjourn the meeting. Kari Jones seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous; motion carried. The meeting ended at 4:40 pm. The next scheduled regular meeting is Monday, May 11, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. in the Room 102 of the main building or via Zoom.
Attest: __________________________ SIGNED: ____________________________
Kari Jones, Board Chairperson