Special Meeting Minutes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . June 15, 2017
Presented for Approval . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . June 19, 2017
TIME: 3:00 p.m.
PLACE: Pioneer School, Main Building, Room 105
MEMBERS Bill Bullard, Trustee
PRESENT: Kari Jones, Trustee
Sarah O’Brien, Trustee
CLERK: Han Lee
ADMIN: Melissa Schnitzmeier
VISITORS: Krystle Henry, Alyssa Krieger, Mrs. Armstrong arrived at 3:30 pm.
- CALL TO ORDER:
Trustee, Bill Bullard called the meeting of the trustees of Pioneer Elementary School District #41 to order in the Room 105 of the main building, Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 3:05 pm. Trustee, Bill Bullard welcomed all those attending. Trustee, Bill Bullard read the Montana Law about public meetings.
- MINUTE APPROVAL: Tabled to next regular meeting.
- HEARING OF THE PUBLIC: None
- ADMINISTRATOR REPORT: None
- OLD BUSINESS
III. NEW BUSINESS
- Trustee Appointment – Mrs. Sarah O’Brien submitted a letter of interest to fill a vacant trustee position. The board accepted her interest. Kari made a motion to fill a vacant trustee seat with Sarah O’Brien, Bill seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous; motion carried. Sarah took the oath and was given her Board book.
- Teacher’s’ Resignation – Eva Ticknor & Emily Fanus’s resignation letters were read. Bill made a motion to accept, Kari seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous; motion carried.
- Bus Driver Resignation – Doug Steven’s resignation letter was read. Kari made a motion to accept Doug’s letter, Sarah seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous; motion carried.
- Interviews for Bus Driver:
- 3:15 – Daniel Pardis was interviewed for the position. Bill Bullard asked that Danny have an appointment to test for the bus/passenger endorsement scheduled as soon as possible. Once scheduled, Melissa will call the Department of Transportation to see if we can expedite the test.
- 3:25 – Cynthia Reed: Needs bus endorsement and CPR Certification. Bill Bullard stated that if offered the position, these should completed as soon as possible.
- Interview for Teachers: After interviews of the following candidates, Bill Bullard made a motion to hire Dylan McDermott to replace 2/3 grade teacher. Kari seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous; motion carried.
- 3:48 – 4:15 Malea Jensen
- 4:45 – 5:34 Jennifer Painter
- 5:35 – 6:25 Dylan McDermott
Recess – Melissa exited to call Dylan McDermott and offer him the position.
6:35 – Meeting resumed and Bill Bullard asked for Public Comment and Kari reaffirmed that ultimately, new hires are at the discretion of the Board, but the Board would like to know our parents view.
Krystle Henry, Alyssa Krieger, and Mrs. Armstrong commented on their view of each candidate.
6:40 – Bill Bullard moved to close the meeting to discuss the contracted employee and possible candidate.
6:45 – Bill Bullard moved to reopen the meeting.
IV . ADJOURNMENT:
A motion was made by Bill Bullard to adjourn the meeting. Kari Jones seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous; motion carried. The meeting ended at 6:45 pm. The next scheduled regular meeting is Monday, June 19, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. in the Room 105 of the main building.
Attest: __________________________ SIGNED: ____________________________
Bill Bullard, Board Chairperson